- All players, from Auskick, Juniors, Seniors and WAFL are asked to wear one club sock and one odd sock during their games on the weekend of September 11-13, 2020.
- Players are encouraged to donate (gold coin) to help raise funds for Sarcoma research.
- Team Managers to collect donated funds and drop to club canteen (or aligned district’s WAFL Club).
- Club committee to deliver funds to aligned district’s WAFL Club Office.
- Refer to WAFC Circular 12/2020 for more info.
- Alternatively, DONATE DIRECTLY directly via our website.
Australian Rules Football in Western Australia has played a massive role in creating awareness of sarcoma and its symptoms over the past few years. The tradition continues this year with players from Auskick all the way up to the West Coast Eagles donning the odd socks in an effort to shine a light on the importance of being aware of symptoms and finding a cure.
Sarcoma is one of the most common forms of cancer in young people – so it is particularly relevant for young sports people to be aware of any odd lumps, bumps, aches or pains anywhere in the body that may persist longer than a few weeks – and having them checked by a GP as early as possible.
A big THANK YOU in advance to everyone getting involved!