- This event has passed.
Sarcoma Research Sundowner
Date7 December 2021
The second networking sundowner will showcase six more presentations from several institutions. A great opportunity to chat with other researchers, clinicians and community members; all invested in improving outcomes for people diagnosed with sarcoma.
A great list of speakers:
- Prof. Delia Nelson (Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute): Translating preclinical cancer immunotherapy studies into veterinary and human oncology: a serendipitous encounter with canine sarcoma
- Prof. Pilar Blancafort (Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research): Genome engineering approaches to target sarcomas
- Shahama Taifour (PhD Student, Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research): Targeting the oncogenic fusion EWSR1-FLI1 in Ewing sarcoma
using the epigenetic editing tool “Epi-CRISPR”
- A/Prof. Georgia Halkett (Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute): Exploring the role that a community helpline support professional
could play for patients diagnosed with sarcoma and their carers
- Prof. Sulev Kõks (Perron Institute / Murdoch University): Transcriptome analysis paves the way for the RNA therapeutics
- Dr. Rupert Hodder (Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital): Insights into Surgery for Abdominal Sarcomas
Download the flyer and RSVP here