Sock it to Sarcoma! is a volunteer run Foundation which helps to keep our administration costs as low as possible in order to fund our three core activities:
- Sarcoma research through research scholarships including the annual Abbie Basson Sarcoma Research Scholarship, grants and pure and translational research projects.
- Community Awareness through information brochures produced specifically around sarcoma, for all age groups.
- Community programs designed to inform about the symptoms of sarcoma and the benefits of earlier diagnosis through referral to specialist teams, particularly in relation to the adolescent and young adult age group.
- Support for an interdisciplinary translational centre for sarcoma, providing opportunities for the best possible holistic care for sarcoma patients and their families, from diagnosis through to after-treatment services.
- Patient support including peer-to-peer mentoring, the Time 4 Me gift program and limited patient funding support.